Thursday, May 3, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 56


 Yahoo! It's Farmgirl Friday time again! 

This week is our 56th week of gathering together to share what's doin' on our farmsteads,  homesteads, backyards farmyards and urban landscapes! 
 Keeping backyard chickens is certainly a " farmgirl/guy" sort of thing and I want to thank everyone who linked up for the second annual Hen House Hop! We had 13 terrific entries this time around all of which I shared at Dandelion House Facebook . As promised I have a surprise gift for one lucky Hen House Hopper!  Becky of Thoughts from a Daughter of the King blog spot will receive 10 handmade note-cards courtesy of " The Cottage Hens" here at Dandelion House! 

 Here's a look at the images " the girls " chose for her! 

 
 









                             Now it's YOUR TURN  to flaunt your farmgirl/farmguy flair!

 Whats new in your farmgirl/boy world this week?  Tell us on the hop! 

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!


Have a great week and don't forget to leave a note on the Hen House door today!



Dandelion Wishes,
Deb

13 comments:

Beth in NC said...

I have had to be creative today to keep my girls cool. They have been incredibly hot the past two days. Tomorrow won't be much better, but at least they will be better prepared.

Love the photos!!!
Beth

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! Sounds like things are heating up down south! We've had cooler weather this week. Thanks for stopping by as always!

A Daughter of the King said...

Oh, thank you Deborah Jean. I love the cards the girls chose for me! And thank you for the fun link parties. I have met so many special Peeps here!

Country Gal said...

Love the photos of the chickens . I was raised on a hobby farm but sadly dont have one of my own I do miss all the animals thats for sure , working on that for our future . We have our Miggy and Harley that keep us entertained . It has been hot and humid and now it is raining , it is 9:49 pm and the thunder is just starting . Papa and I love thunderstorms so going now to watch and listen ! Have a great day !

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City said...

Love the chicken pictures! I had to pin a few. I hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

You're welcome! We are blessed to have this great community of kindred spirits here!

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Congratulations to Becky and I LOVE those beautiful hens of yours Deb. You take such wonderful photos. Happy Farmgirl Friday.

Heidi

Natural Mothers Network said...

Hi Deb and thanks once again for hostin, love the Gibran quote and your hens... Have a great weekend! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network x (Seasonal Celebration)

Unknown said...

Hi Country Gal! It's great you have Miggy and Harley to keep you entertained and they are great subjects for your beautiful photography too! Have a great weekend you two!

Nancy said...

Beautiful hens, Deb. Thanks for hosting Farm Girl Friday. :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Deb,
I am a farmgirl, and I am so happy to have found your blog. I've been searching for just the right girls to learn a thing or two or a million things from, and I can see that I've come to the right place. I hope you can come visit me at french country northern charm, (I was born a Yankee like your hubby, but have had the opportunity to move around the country a bit, moving back to New England just a few years ago). Thank you for the blog hop, I love seeing all these family and farm/garden pictures!
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Thanks to all for linking up and welcome new followers and participants!
Happy Weekend! Deb

Unknown said...

not helping!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...