Thursday, October 11, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 78 and a Farmgirl Welcome

 

A  BIG FARMGIRL WELCOME to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 78 and our newest Facebook friends and followers!

Before you scroll down to the bottom of this post to link up for the hop I'd like to formally introduce you to my two co-hostesses of the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop!

Sister # 3844

 Heidi of My Simple Country Life and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog has been co-hosting this hop with me several months and lucky for us that will continue even though she also hosts The Country Homemaker Hop and the Country Garden Showcase Hop on her own blogs each week! That's a lot of blog hoppin'! But, she has the spunk and the homesteading know- how to get the job done! Heidi is a Master Gardner and homesteads alongside her husband Jerry. Last year they dove into keeping bees, backyard chickens, and goats while growing enough produce to preserve some for the winter too! They topped off  this years growing season by going even GREENER and had some solar panels added to their roof! It was a busy and fruitful year on their suburban homestead in sunny California! 

Now, let's give  our newest- Co- host!
 Dolly of Hibiscus House and Dolly is Cooking a BIG warm Farmgirl Welcome!
  Dolly is a true southern belle' with many talents. One visit to her blog and you'll  know in an instant that home and family mean the world to her. Dolly is one talented farmgirl too, who loves to cook, decorate, sew, write, and create!  Dolly lives in the country on the farmland her husband grew up on. She and her beloved keep a few backyard hens for fresh eggs, and love to watch and listen to the wildlife that surrounds their country home with their watchful Great Pyrenees dog by their side.
 Dolly loves people and their stories. She's gathered quite a collection of them in her Spotlight Series.  For the record, Dolly's coconut pie is out a this world and I've threatened so show up on her door step next time she makes fried chicken and chocolate cake!

Aren't we lucky to be in such good company?  
Heidi, Dolly and I thank you for all you share here each week! 

A special thanks to everyone who has entered my Autumn Note-card Giveaway this week and popped over to like our Facebook page too!  There's still time to enter! 
The winner will be announced on October 17th! 

Be sure to drop by the MJF BEACH FARMGIRL BLOG!  
 The BEACH farmgirl went out shopping for mums last week and ended up falling head over heels in love with a ???



Okay! Go link up! I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals,  quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the  Linky tools space to your  Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!
4.) Enter up to three entries per hop!

 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop!
 We want to get to know you better! Have a great week and I'll see you on the hop! 

PS. My apologies for the blurry thumbnails this week! On my excitement to get this post up I forgot to check the box for the larger size thumbnails we are used to!
I did enlarge them but now they are blurry!
Next week, we'll be back to normal...Sorry!!!  




9 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, lots of fun with 2 co-hostesses! Sounds like you have had a busy week Miss Deborah. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Linked up my post, 'The Price of Babies'

Enjoy!

http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-price-of-babies.html

Kathy @ Granny's Vital Vittles said...

Happy Friday! This week I'm sharing my most recent post in the series Real Food at Walmart - Fats and Oils.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Deb, I am so excited to be a part of your wonderful Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. I will share Mama Dot's Coconut Pie since you mentioned it. This is going to be fun and exciting. Thank you again.
Dolly

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Deb,
Thanks again for your kind words. Right back at ya. You and Dolly inspire me more than you know. Because of your inspiration Deb, I now have a barn red larder that I love, and I am am the proud mama of five Easter Eggers, a breed of chicken I hadn't even heard of before we became friends. I love the blue and green eggs. Thanks for enriching my life so much sister. Happy Farmgirl Friday.

Natalia said...

Hello, Deb! I just posted an entry for my first time, about dehydrating tomatoes. I'm still trying to decide whether to put my canning leczo one here now too, or wait till next week, or will I have another one done by next week? Hmmmmm, hard decisions! :) Every day I also spend a couple of hours searching for and posting books that are temporarily on free promotions, that are on self-sufficiency topics. Would that be appropriate to post too? Please could you let me know? Thanks. :)

I grew up on farms, but since I've started my own family we've only ever lived in town. I'm discouraged by poor gardening results too. But at least I know how to can, so I'm thankful for that. I've been enjoying your blog, and look forward to checking out the other entries. But they're all so tiny they're doing my poor eyes in! I'll do my best.

Thank you so much for hosting!
Sincerely, Natalia
(http://preputilityvehicle.blogspot.ca/2012/10/books-available-oct-12-2012-and.html)

Lisa Lynn said...

Welcome to Heidi and Dolly! I follow their blogs already and am glad to see them co-hosting with you. Keep up the great work ladies!

Unknown said...

Hi all, and thanks so much for your notes today! It's great to see everyone linking up... I'm so sorry about the TEENSY TINY thumbnail size this week...
I guess I skipped right over choosing a larger size before getting the code!
We'll be back to the larger thumbnails next week! Thanks for your understanding...
Deb

Sue Frelick said...

Thank you again for hosting the blog hop. I have found so many great blogs and ideas. I spend way too much time reading now! lol I became a follower on your blog today :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...