Thursday, April 17, 2014

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 153 + My EASY Spring Wreath

Dear friends,
Welcome back to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 153.
It's great to be back after a little blog break last week... We missed you!
This week I was able to get some spring decorating done. We're hosting Easter Brunch and I needed a quick and pretty pick me up for one of my grapevine wreaths.


I always use silk flowers because they hold up to the fickle spring weather we have. 
Rather than buy a bunch of single blooms I purchased two 6 ' long garlands and wrapped them around each other. 
Then I laid it down on top of the wreath in a circle and attached it with garden wire ties every 6- 8 inches until it was snug and secure.
That covered the wreath quickly and gave it a pretty blossomy look but I wanted to add a few more decorative details so 



I added some additional clip-on daisy's and a cute bumblebee with sparkly wings for a final touch of spring.


He's tucked in nicely amongst the flower petals where he'll be safe from any April showers headed our way.


 I got all my supplies from Michael's Craft Store on sale for 60 % off which was a steal compared to what you could pay for a custom made wreath. Best of all, it really was easy. It took me all of 40 minutes to put it all together and take photos too! And no hot-glue gun mess either!

 It's just screams sunshine and happiness doesn't it? Who doesn't need more of that?

Now it's your turn! Show us what cha got!

Heidi, Debbie and I are always anxious to see what you've all been up to!

Be sure to visit your Farmgirl Friday Hostess for more great farmgirl posts! 

Heidi of My Simple Country Living 
and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog
And, Debbie of Farmgirl Unleashed 

You don't have to live on a farm to join this hop!
 Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart~ MaryJaneButters 

Brag a little ( or a lot ) about your farmgirl talents! Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea! Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

 Enter up to three entries per hop! 

Wishing you beauty, joy and love...and a very HAPPY EASTER with those you hold dear...! 
Love, Deb 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...