Thursday, November 10, 2011

Farmgirl Friday # 32 and Green Eggs !


Just the other day it occurred to me that it's just about time for our  Americana chickens to start laying eggs!

They are five months old now and should start laying any time. Today when I went out to collect the eggs I scooped up one brown egg from under Miss Liza. No doubt from Lacy Lou our oldest Wyandotte. I went back to the coop a bit later to deliver some kitchen scraps and checked the nesting boxes again, this time I discovered the first green egg  which I believe is from our newest batch of girls.




Liza

Guess who was in the coop, watching closely as I removed it? I'm not for certain it was Liza who had  surprised me with this beautiful green egg, but I told her thank you and patted her on the back just in case!


The three larger white eggs in the bowl are  Khaki Cambell's  duck eggs. A friend of ours has a small flock of them and lucky me she likes to share! She also told me that French bakeries use mostly duck eggs because they provide more lift to their baked goods. Who knew?
 I tried it out on some homemade choc chip cookies and they definitly had more lift! They were also quite yummy which is why there is no mouth watering photo

here!

What's new in your " farmgirl " world? How about a little show and tell?

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl Friday blog hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

Thanks for all you share my fellow farmgirl friends... Great entries last week! As always!


 







Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...