Thursday, November 29, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 85


Welcome back to your favorite hop of the week! Time to kick off your boots, grab something hot to drink and catch up with all of the amazing farmgirl/farmboy entries! We had a great turn out last week even though it was a holiday weekend! Thanks to all for your continued participation!

  Your Farmgirl Friday Hostesses are:
Heidi of My Simple Country Living
Dolly of Hibiscus House and me of course!

Temps have dropped considerably this week here in New England. We've woken up to frost on the ground the last few days. I feel like a mother hen watching my raised flower beds fast asleep outside while I dream up next years planting list... The garden is sleeping, but the gardener is NOT! I had such great success with my cut and come again zinnias last year, that I've decided to branch out and grow several varieties of zinnias as well as more herbs and shrubs for fillers next season. I'll be sure to share them all with you once my list is more definite!

 Why the sad looking farmgirl? Last weeks top viewed entry was Doomsday Preppers by Betty of Little Farm in the Big City Blog. She wrote about her view on the DP TV show. How about you?
Are you a doomsday prepper or a happy homesteader preparing for the worst while planning for the best? I like to think I'm part of the second group but I'd love to hear what you all think!


 Kathy of Granny's Vital Vittles wrote a touching and funny tribute about Granny's of days gone by   titled, "Contentment and the Zen of Granny".

   "They had zen-like contentment at least in part because they practiced gratitude and acceptance, they kept their life and work as simple as they could, they had good clean fun and took good care of themselves.



Diana of Chickadee Garden blog shared her whimsical chicken coop reveal! I think her " ladies"  will be kick'n and scratch'n  around the clock in this hen house no matter what the weather is outside!
Great job Diana!
 

Now, it's your turn to link up for your weekly dose of farmgirl soul food!

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals,  quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the  Linky tools space to your  Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!
4.) Enter up to three entries per hop! 

 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop!
We want to get to know you better! 
Have a great week and I'll see you on the hop! 
 Thanks to all who participate and welcome new linker- uppers!

 If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too!  If this is your first visit, come on back and join the hop!

There's still time to enter my Gardener's Giveaway! A hand carved garden dibble!



Have a great weekend folks! 
Love,
Deb   








11 comments:

Robyn said...

Miss Deborah Jean, we had a cool day today. The last 2 days have been in the 40's and they are talking temps increasing up to 60 by Monday. Very non-typical South Dakota temps for this time of year.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks for featuring my chicken coop reveal! I always enjoy this blog hop, whether I have something to link or not.

Nancy said...

Thanks for hosting this blog hop! I love zinnias too and "cut and come agains" are pretty great. I look forward to your flower and herb planting list. I have most of my herbs mixed in with my perennial flowers. Almost all of them have a beautiful flower and look great in the landscape. Blessings!

Candy C. said...

Love your winter header Deb! Diana's chicken coop is great, love the colors! Thanks to you and Heidi and Dolly for hosting every week! :)

Kathy @ Granny's Vital Vittles said...

Thanks for the feature Deborah Jean :-) ... This week I'm sharing a few thoughts on eggs natures most perfect food.

Dina-Marie @ Cultured Palate said...

I am new and glad to be a part!

Today I shared "Making Kefir Video Class" which is so easy to do at home and we make it from raw milk our family milk cow, Buttercup provides!

Also, I shared "Beef Plus - Chili for a Crowd" which has ground beef plus kidney and liver - my children (all 10 of them) love it!

http://myculturedpalate.com/blog/2012/11/28/making-kefir-video-class/

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Hey Deb! Thanks for hosting again. I love the new winter header by the way :) Hope you have a great weekend.

Melanie said...

Yes, I understand the garden sleeps here too, but the gardener, well that is a different story!!

Jori said...

Love, love the lady working in the kitchen! That sink is fantastic!

Debbie said...

My parents have this sink in their basement.

Unknown said...

Isn't that a great sink? LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...