Wednesday, December 26, 2012

MOM -AN -MY- WAFFLES



  "And in the morn'in I'm mak'in waffles!" Does this phrase ring a bell?  It's from the movie Shrek for those of you who might have missed in when it came our a few years back. We adopted it for our very own the minute we heard it because Boz really does make waffles!  His waffles ( a combined recipe that started out as his mothers and he has embellished over the years, hence the name MOM- AN- MY- WAFFLES) are always a welcomed treat in our house especially during the holidays.  People have been known to drive for miles for one of his waffle breakfasts!  They're nice and fluffy, with just the right amount of crispness on the edges. You've got to try them!



 MOM AN MY WAFFLES

3 1/2CUPS FLOUR
2 TABLESPOONS BAKING POWDER
1 TABLESPOON GRANULATED SUGAR
1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1/4 CUP GRAPE NUTS CEREAL ( SET ASIDE )

4 EGGS ( FARM FRESH IF YA GOT'M )
3 CUPS MILK
2/3 CUP BUTTER
1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT

Combine Dry ingredients ( EXCEPT GRAPE NUTS) .
Melt butter and warm milk, combine with vanilla.
Separate egg whites from yolks, adding 3 yokes to wet mixture and beat wet mixture.
Mix wet into dry- do not over mix batter.

Whip egg whites until stiff, fold into batter.

Pour on hot ( oiled ) waffle iron and lightly sprinkle some grape nuts cereal on top prior to closing down the lid. Cook until steam ceases to escape from iron.

 " FIRST BATCH IS UP "! 



 TOPPINGS~   Boz says, " there is no need to add butter" .  I beg to differ darlin'. We ( the kids and I ) smother them in butter, homemade syrup, cream cheese, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and sometimes nuts. NO, not all at once! Oh wait, I take that back. I think it's been tried it at least once...wink, wink.

 Any number of fruit toppings or a warm compote would be tasty we just happen to love strawberries!

 STRAWBERRY SAUCE~  
One bag of frozen strawberries partially thawed, ( or one large basket of fresh strawberries ).
Place strawberries in blender.
Add 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
1/4 cup of water.
Blend until smooth. 

  MOMANMY WAFFLES are perfect for a slow weekend or holiday breakfast.
Waffles for Dinner? Oh ,yeah... we've had many waffle Sunday suppers!

Sharing with Tilly's Nest Down Home Blog Hop !

11 comments:

LindaCrochets said...

These look yummy! I'm definitely going to try them with the strawberry sauce! Thanks

Junebug said...

Oh my, send some right over!!! They look delicious!!!! I got my son an old fashion waffle griddle(not Belgian) for his birthday this month. I taped his Grandma's waffle recipe on it. You would have thought he won the lottery. Once in awhile I do really good with a gift. I'm going to send him this recipe and the strawberry sauce also.

Here's to recover from the busy holiday and looking forward to a quiet New Year. I have so many plans for this next year, I'm already getting excited!!

Unknown said...

I know you'll love them Linda!

Unknown said...

Hi Junebug!
Sounds as if you did very well! I'm with you... I'm excited for the new year too! Lots of fun things going on! Can't wait to share them with everyone!

Candy C. said...

The addition of the Grape-Nuts sounds yummy!!
It took me several minutes to figure out Mom-An-My, I think I had too much to eat the last few days and my thought process is in slow motion! LOL!!

Unknown said...

Don't worry, it took me a while too when I saw how my hubby typed up his recipe for our recipe notebook! LOL Happy New Year Candy!

Michelle said...

I will have to try these My husband loves waffles.

Country Gal said...

Oh these looks and sound soo YUMMY ! I will have to try them , thanks for sharing the recipe ! Hope you had a nice Christmas !

Bonnie K said...

I so love waffles. That sounds delicious, especially smothered in strawberry sauce. I make a mean chocolate waffle. I would so love it if my husband made waffles for breakfast.

Chenille Cottage said...

Scrumptious.....!!! And, you gave us your recipe. Thank you so much!
I'm so glad you shared that you lived in a yellow house. I just love it's sunny disposition and friendly appearance. It doesn't matter if its snowing or the sun is shining...I love living in a happy yellow house, too!
Have a blessed weekend, my friend!
Carolynn xxx

John'aLee said...

Looks soooo delish!! At least once a month I make up my overnight waffle dough that keeps for a week in the fridge, and grind up my strawberries as you do, and have a quick breakfast waiting and ready! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...