Monday, December 3, 2012

Dear Garden...


   Dear Garden, 
 I know, it's December and I should be getting excited about decorating and baking for Christmas ( I am) but I miss you! I celebrated the harvest and put you to bed like a good farmgirl. I never REALLY said goodbye though. I went out for my walk in the garden today and that's when it hit me. I am in mourning for your brilliant showy blooms, the endless colors, shapes and textures of your petals, and your sweet fragrance as I brush by.  As I walked around the garden today I couldn't help but feel as if last years garden season was all a dream. A vision of beauty and a deep satisfaction that took hold of the very core of my being from the start. I'll admit, I feel a little lost without you! After all, we were the best of buddies day in and day out for months. I promised to feed and care for you and you agreed to grow to the best of your ability. I think we both held up our ends of the deal don't you?
My memories and images of you will have to suffice until we meet again in the light and warmth of early spring.



 Dormant and deprived of life you are still an inspiration and a symbol of hope for the future...I promise not to pine away the rest of the winter over you... Besides, we've got our work cut out for us next year! 
Sharing with Tilly's Nest Down Home Blog Hop and The Barn Hop 

 




11 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am enjoying the break from the outside work, though should have been outside getting a jump start on the Spring cleanup today as it was nice and warm for this time of year.

Gill in Canada

Unknown said...

LOL, we have had temps in the 60's and 70's over the past two weeks! Today's high of 75 is a record breaker. I've still got tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, et. I feel like we have 3 seasons at once -- it is bizarre to say the least to be putting up Christmas decorations amidst piles of autumn leaves and blooming roses.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I miss my garden, too! We are deep in planning mode for next year!

Junebug said...

I so miss being out in the garden on a sunny day. For now it is boots and mud with dreams of next spring!

Rob said...

It's nice to have the winter gardens, at least I still get to look at something growing, even if it's just lettuce, arugula, kale and spinach. I have big plans for next year's garden, can't wait to start turning soil!
~Rob

Clint Baker said...

It seems like even in the colder weather, I still can't get the work slowed down!

A Daughter of the King said...

I love your letter to your garden. Do you think it would help if you forced a few bulbs in the house this winter?
:-)

Bonnie K said...

Oh how so very true. I also miss my garden. Thanks for the letter. I enjoyed it.

Melanie said...

Was missing my garden this past weekend too!

Kanelstrand said...

Beautiful photos! I love how the frost changes plants!

Sensiblegardening said...

I know the feeling all too well. I've ordered a few new gardening books, that should help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...