Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Dumpster Dive Christmas Present

 

I'm a lucky girl. Yes sirree! My husband knows what makes my heart sing and just where to find it!
 We love giving handmade, personal items to each-other in our house at Christmas. That's why my husband shops for me at the local Kitchen Design Showroom dumpster. He goes above and beyond ( and sometimes inside ) to find that just right gift for me every year. He knows I've been wanting to add more storage to our pantry wall and low and behold he has delivered the goods again! He hit the jackpot ( in my book anyway ) on one of his last dumpster dive outings. Just look at this pair of perfectly good ( brand new  ) kitchen cabinets with glass doors! So what if the drawers are missing! That's an easy fix!  I know just where I'm gonna put them and what color I'm gonna paint them too! I don't have a shot of  the base cabinet he picked up on a different dumpster dive trip the following week but together they will make a wonderful ceiling to floor built in wall unit placed right next to my modern farm pantry all for FREE! With a little elbow grease and some fresh paint they'll be good as new! What can I say, I'm a simple gal married to a simple guy...I love a gift that keeps on giving, don't you? Now, which dishes am I gonna unpack to display in these beauties?

Sharing with Tilly's Nest Down Home Blog Hop

24 comments:

LindaCrochets said...

WOW, that's a find! Our pastor is a devoted dumpster diver and is always taking some kidding about it! He has had some really great finds!!

Old Time Cindy said...

That's some serious diving! Amazing what people throw out! Have fun making it all yours!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Farmlife Chick said...

Wow! Love! Can't wait to see them finished!

A Daughter of the King said...

Great find!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

You are a lucky woman!!! I love to dumpster dive, drives my husband nuts!!

Rob said...

It's amazing what get's thrown out. I do a lot of design work on high-end houses in Greenwich, CT and New York and if the owner doesn't like the looks of something it usually just gets tossed into the dumpster.

Great find, I always like to see items get re-used instead of thrown away!
~Rob

byhooks4u said...

How neat is that!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Hi Deborah!
These look great! I can only imagine how they are going to look in your kitchen when they are married with the other piece!
Your kitchen sounds like it is coming together like mine. Put together over time. The knew name for that type of kitchen UNFIT...I know...sounds bad. But I like it! (...cause I'm BAD like that!)
Can't wait to see your UNFIT Kitchen!

-Pat

Candy C. said...

Cool! Look at the molding on the tops too! Can't wait to see the finished project! :)

Anna Hanley said...

Very awesome!! I want to go dumpster diving where you live! I am sure when you are finished with them; they will look great. Hugs and Smiles, Anna.

MarmePurl said...

I rarely let jelousy enter my spirit, but I may have to make an exception here!

creativehaven flowers said...

Well brighten my day you do, what a great find. I'm going to be on the look out for treasures in my neck of the woods. Happy organizing to you.

Gone Country said...

What a totally awesome find! I hope you'll post the finished project.

Brenda said...

Oh I would be over the moon. What a great find and they could be used in so many different ways! What a lucky wife you are.

Unknown said...

Hi all,
Thanks so much for your notes...I promise to post when they are painted and installed!
hugs,
Deb

Country Gal said...

Oh WOW ! They are beauties . I would be thrilled to . Papa wood crafts all kinds of things for me and I just love it all . We also love antiquing , I have often said to Papa we need a bigger house for all our collectables big or small lol ! Looking forward to seeing them all filled and displayed . Have a good day !

Bonnie K said...

That is so cool! Your husband is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see how it looks in the end.

Snooks said...

You are such a lucky lady. What a great find! These are the best. I love it when this happens. Can't wait to see the finished product.

@ 3Beeze Homestead

Melanie said...

Oh yes, I love a gift that keeps on giving too! These will look so good in your kitchen!

Lisa Lynn said...

Score! What a great guy :) This gives me an idea...now I need to go dumpster diving too!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Fabulous! What a great guy and what a great find!

Alana Jo said...

Love! Great find!

Nancy said...

Are you still doing FGF?

Unknown said...

Yep! Working on it now!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...