Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Dumpster Dive Christmas Present

 

I'm a lucky girl. Yes sirree! My husband knows what makes my heart sing and just where to find it!
 We love giving handmade, personal items to each-other in our house at Christmas. That's why my husband shops for me at the local Kitchen Design Showroom dumpster. He goes above and beyond ( and sometimes inside ) to find that just right gift for me every year. He knows I've been wanting to add more storage to our pantry wall and low and behold he has delivered the goods again! He hit the jackpot ( in my book anyway ) on one of his last dumpster dive outings. Just look at this pair of perfectly good ( brand new  ) kitchen cabinets with glass doors! So what if the drawers are missing! That's an easy fix!  I know just where I'm gonna put them and what color I'm gonna paint them too! I don't have a shot of  the base cabinet he picked up on a different dumpster dive trip the following week but together they will make a wonderful ceiling to floor built in wall unit placed right next to my modern farm pantry all for FREE! With a little elbow grease and some fresh paint they'll be good as new! What can I say, I'm a simple gal married to a simple guy...I love a gift that keeps on giving, don't you? Now, which dishes am I gonna unpack to display in these beauties?

Sharing with Tilly's Nest Down Home Blog Hop
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...