Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Abundant Arrangements


“I must have flowers, always, and always.”
~ Claude Monet

 One of the things I love most about growing cut flowers is experimenting with different arrangements using what's in season from all areas of my garden. The more I play with my house flowers the more I realize the possibilities are endless!

Today I'm sharing two different flower arrangements, both very different but abundant with the seasons offerings from our backyard gardens.

This side features the deep reds and hot pinks of some of my smaller dahlias.
 This  vintage tarnished water pitcher is spilling over with fresh dahlias, sedum, sunflowers, red wine vinegar basil, hydrangea and feathery plumes from the ornamental grasses in my largest perennial bed.


While this side is brimming with some of my larger dahlia varieties. along with some of my deep red sunflowers and faded hydrangea blooms.

 This medium sized glass floral vase is  roomy and sturdy enough to handle large dahlia blossoms

as well as a few sunflowers and zinnias!

TIP:  When making your own flower arrangements, forget about what you think it should look like and just play! Try adding fresh herbs as fillers in your arrangement's. They add an element of surprise and a delicious aroma to your bouquets.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...