Sunday, August 26, 2012

Simple Sunday Bouquet


 Sometimes simple is best. For this Simple Sunday centerpiece I gathered 5 dahlias, two large, one medium and two smaller sizes for a balanced arrangement. No fancy vase needed... I used a small mason jar. This is the perfect height for a dining table or kitchen island. Instead of peering through a taller arrangement while you converse this simple Sunday bouquet energizes the atmosphere but doesn't steal the show!

SIMPLE, BEAUTIFUL and PRACTICAL! 

 

 This is the same arrangement from a different view point. 
  Cut Flower Tips : 
* When arranging flowers for a centerpiece, all sides must be equally beautiful! 
* When cutting flowers be sure to remove any foliage that will be below the water line to prevent bacteria growth. This will increase the vase life of your flowers.
* Cut flowers in the early morning when possible. Cut stems at an angle and place them in cool water in a bucket or vase. 
  

14 comments:

Farmgirl Heidi said...

That is another beautiful dahlia bouquet Deb. Pretty soon you may want to change your blog name to read Deborah Jean's Dahlia House. Maybe you can give pointers to those of us that are dahlia challenged.

Unknown said...

Thanks Heidi... You're right, I have gone a little overboard on the Dahlia's but I can't help it! They're in full bloom and just lovely...!
I will be including more dahlia pointers along the way! :)

Kristi said...

Love it. Can't go wrong with simple, beautiful, and practical!

Candy C. said...

I love Dahlias and these are beautiful! I like using a mason jar for a flower vase too, feels Farmgirly! :)
You should link up your post to the new "Orange You Glad It's Friday" at Hood Photo Blog!

Anna Hanley said...

Wonderful center piece-I agree with Kristi you cannot go wrong with simple, beautiful and practical! Anna

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Such a pretty bouquet!
I like a smaller simpler bouquet myself.

Pat

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Very pretty! I never seem to bring them in the house, although I have no idea why. I don't think I grow enough of them to cut them off maybe. I'll have to add more of a cut flower garden next year.

Unknown said...

Thank you Kristi! I agree :)

Unknown said...

Hi Candy! They do feel farmgirly even if you're displaying fancy flowers! I'll check out that link.. sounds fun! thanks!

Unknown said...

Yes indeed... :) Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi there Pat! I heard you're getting some rain in Texas today...I hope some fell on your little homestead! Nice to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy! Yes, carve out a section just for cutting next year.. then you don't feel as if you're robbing your gardens... It's quite freeing actually! :) thanks for the note...

Debbie said...

Your flowers are beautiful. My Dad grew dahlia's for years. I really like them.

Unknown said...

Thank you Debbie... I bet they were beautiful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...