Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Dandelion Salad with Goat Cheese and Apple



Welcome to Tasty Tuesday at Dandelion House! Your go- to spot for trying something new and healthy each week in your farm kitchen.

 This weeks recipes comes from Jerica's homestead kitchen and blog Sustain Create and Flow. 
She's " Wild about Dandelion " and it's many uses in the kitchen.  


I am the person who encourages dandelions.  The hallmark of a great lawn to me is an abundant supply of this “residential nuisance.” While my neighbors work hard to rid their lawns of dandelions, Sweet Baby and I are out crawling our lawn, picking blossoms, greens, and roots– A sight to see I’m sure, me picking dandelions and she stuffing dead leaves and grass clippings in her mouth.  We wildcraft in our own yard, and are happier because of it. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a weed, I see a medicinal food source. ~ Jerica



Dandelion Salad with Goat Cheese and Apple
  • 2 T Dandelion-Infused ACV
  • 3 T olive oil
  • 1 t Dijon mustard
  • 1 t raw honey
  • 1 clove (minced) garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Whisk the above ingredients and pour over and lightly toss with:
  • 1 large bunch, (3 big handfuls) dandelion greens, washed and dried
  • 1/2 c chopped walnuts
  • 1 apple, chopped
Top with fresh goat cheese

 Be sure to visit Jerica for more " wild " recipes from her outback!

Dip into The Farmgirl Friday Recipe Box when you're looking for an old fashioned favorite or a home- cooked meal made from scratch with love. You'll find recipes from the best homestead kitchens, inspiration for setting a beautiful table with all the charm of a farmhouse kitchen PLUS tips for organizing your pantry. 560 Following!

* All recipes featured here have been submitted to the ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House

7 comments:

Country Gal said...

Sounds tasty ! Most people do not like Dandelions here as they see them as a weed in their grass I see them as beautiful flowers cascading in the lawns ! Thanks for sharing with us . It will be a bit still till they have popped in our lawn here ! Have a good day !

Gill - That British Woman said...

it's the one thing I can grow with abundance here!!!!

Gill

Unknown said...

Same here Elaine, it will be a while before we see them too... but I do love them!

Unknown said...

You have a green thumb Gill!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It's that time again, I've seen a few dandelions popping up here and there.

Michelle said...

I know this sounds stupid ,but what is ACV. I have dandelions in my yard. Would love to try this.

Unknown said...

Great Question Michelle..Could it be Apple Cider Vinegar?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...