Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tasty Tuesday~ Using Vintage Kitchenware: Corning Ware





Welcome to Tasty Tuesday at Dandelion House! Your go- to spot for trying something new, healthy, and frugal ( with a pinch of pretty) each week in your homestead kitchen

Who remembers growing up with Corning Ware Kitchenware? My mother prepared so many wonderful meals for our family of 5 in dishes just like those pictured above. They went from oven to table and straight into the frig if there were any leftovers and right back into the oven to be reheated.

I don't know when we decided as a society that plastic rules. I know it has it's place in the storage world, but let's face it, now there are warnings about heating food in plastic containers in the microwave, they melt in the dish washer, and the lids grow legs and disappear. 
No wonder Tammy from Taylor-Made Ranch uses her vintage cookware. Besides the wondeful memories of her grandmother in conjures, it just makes good sense. 

It's not too hard to find in thrift stores, yard sales and estate sales. In fact, I passed up a set just yesterday when I went to our local Savers to pick up a piece of furniture I bought for painting. After reading Tammy's thoughts about her Corning Ware I'm considering a quick trip back to see if it's still there! 

" For the past several years I have been mindful of the type of dishes in my kitchen.  I don’t want inexpensive cheaply-made items, I want cookware that will serve me for years.  One of the highest-used items in my kitchen is my collection of Corning Ware.  These covered glass casserole dishes are safe to use in the oven or microwave, and are of course dishwasher safe and that kind of versatility works for this country girl!" Tammy Taylor 


Dip into The Farmgirl Friday Recipe Box when you're looking for an old fashioned favorite or a home- cooked meal made from scratch with love. You'll find recipes from the best homestead kitchens, inspiration for setting a beautiful table with all the charm of a farmhouse kitchen PLUS tips for stocking and organizing your pantry. 636 now following!

* All  Tasty Tuesday recipes and home decor ideas featured here have been submitted to the ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House. 




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...