Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GREEN TEA ~ with citrus and LOADS of ice


 Hello friends! How's the weather in your neck of the woods?  We are in the third day of ' record ' heat ( and humidity ) along the New England south coast... Excuse me while I wipe the sweat off my brow... I went out early to check the gardens and cut some fresh flowers but I didn't stay out too long. I needed to hydrate! I skipped my morning HOT coffee and went straight for something COLD and refreshing....

Here's one of our favorite ICE COLD summertime drinks.

ICED GREEN TEA with CITRUS

2 cups heated water
3 green tea, tea bags
1 orange
1 lemon
1 lime
*sprig of mint and a pineapple chunk if ya have one!
 

 Heat water on the stove or microwave then steep the tea for 3- 4 minutes. Pour it in a one quart pitcher then fill it to the top with cold water. Add as many slices as you like to the pitcher. Pinch some mint from the garden at toss it on top!
 * make sure you wash the mint. God has quite the sense of humor sometimes. Did  you know inchworms are the same color as mint leaves? Well, they are and I almost found out what they taste like too! 

Oh, one more thing! These are for you! 

 

I'm off to write my next BEACH farmgirl post for MaryJanesFarm.

Stay cool friends!
Love, Deb 

What's your favorite COLD summer drink? 

 





17 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Lots of tea and then some for me. Yours looks so refreshing!

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy! It really is, especially on a day like today...
Thanks for dropping by!

Jenny said...

What a lovely post! We're in transition so I don't have many flowers for cutting this year. Favorite drink in the summer: sparkling water with a splash of either pomegranate or grapefruit juice.

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny! Oh, I love that drink too... I just tried blueberry pomegranate juice...It's very good... not too sweat!

Kanelstrand said...

Oh, I am trying this very moment! I don't ever drink black tea, only green or herbal, so yoru recipe suits me perfectly! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I know you'll love it Sonya! :) Let me know!

Michelle said...

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I am doing another game and giveaway.

Gone Country said...

Thank you for the flowers! They're beautiful and the tea sounds refreshing! My summer drink of choice is an iced caramel latte! I don't have many of them because of the calories but when I do splurge it's oh-so yummy!

A Daughter of the King said...

This looks good Deb. I'm going to try it with my coconut water ice!

Jan said...

Thank you for the nice tea recipe! I love that someone suggested using coconut water ice cubes...I see that your flowers are doing great. The only sun flowers that I have this year are volunteer. We had the rain (leading to seed rot??) and now we have the intense heat! I thought that my dahlias were getting eaten by some sort of bug and it turns out it might have been 'my' wild baby rabbit that resides in the iris bed. As soon as I put the wildlife screening material around the area, the poor little dahlias are no longer getting eaten.
Nice article in MJF magazine. It must just tickle you to see your name in PRINT!!!
Have a good day..

Unknown said...

Hi Jan! You bet...I agree... the coconut water ice cubes sound so refreshing! I make mention of you in my next Beachfarmgirl post ( goes live tonight ) for reassuring me that my dahlia's would come up even if I planted them upside down.. You have no idea how relieved I was to hear that! Glad you liked the article! I love doing them... Keep your eyes peeled... we've got four more Girl Genius's lined up sure to inspire! I'm glad you saved your dahlias'...from the wild baby rabbit... we have them at the beach... so cute but NOT in the garden!!! thanks for the note! xo Deb

Unknown said...

Okay Daughter of the King... how to we make coconut water ice? That sounds divine!

Unknown said...

Your welcome! Oh, yes... we do our fair share of iced coffee drinks... we love Dunkin Donuts' Coolata's... They are hard to resist on a hot day and we seem to them on every corner!

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle, I'll head on over to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Favorite drink... lemonade sweetened with my homemade honey syrup: steep cinnamon sticks and elderberries, sometimes rose petals, then strain and cool; once cool, add 1 to 2 parts honey depending on how thick or thin you like your syrup. Tracy Bellehumeur

Samantha said...

This is a great way to make your green tea taste better and more fun. Thanks for sharing this tip with us. My husband hates green tea and this is great way to make him drink without even telling him that it's green tea. Loved it!!!

Green Tea Extract Health Benefits said...

Great guide you in your choice of herbs, homeopathy, aromatherapy and more. Thanks for the post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...