Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GREEN TEA ~ with citrus and LOADS of ice


 Hello friends! How's the weather in your neck of the woods?  We are in the third day of ' record ' heat ( and humidity ) along the New England south coast... Excuse me while I wipe the sweat off my brow... I went out early to check the gardens and cut some fresh flowers but I didn't stay out too long. I needed to hydrate! I skipped my morning HOT coffee and went straight for something COLD and refreshing....

Here's one of our favorite ICE COLD summertime drinks.

ICED GREEN TEA with CITRUS

2 cups heated water
3 green tea, tea bags
1 orange
1 lemon
1 lime
*sprig of mint and a pineapple chunk if ya have one!
 

 Heat water on the stove or microwave then steep the tea for 3- 4 minutes. Pour it in a one quart pitcher then fill it to the top with cold water. Add as many slices as you like to the pitcher. Pinch some mint from the garden at toss it on top!
 * make sure you wash the mint. God has quite the sense of humor sometimes. Did  you know inchworms are the same color as mint leaves? Well, they are and I almost found out what they taste like too! 

Oh, one more thing! These are for you! 

 

I'm off to write my next BEACH farmgirl post for MaryJanesFarm.

Stay cool friends!
Love, Deb 

What's your favorite COLD summer drink? 

 





Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...