Thursday, September 6, 2012

Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 73

Apron Patterns
Welcome to the 73rd Farmgirl Friday blog hop friends! If you're reading this that means you've survived the first few back to school days and you're ready to hitch up another fine post sure to make us hungry, try a new recipe, or a new decorating idea and learn to grow something new in our gardens next year!
Now that the temps have dropped some I can actually 'cook'  again. Yahoo! This week lightlycrunchy's entry titled Saving Summer caught my eye. She shared her Roasted Garden Vegetable Sauce recipe created from her home grown harvest. It looked so easy and delicious ( plus I had a bowl full of tomatoes increasing the fruit fly population in our kitchen to almost swarm status) I had to give it try. I'm so glad I did cuz we've eaten it twice this week two different ways and It couldn't have been easier to make. The first night I served it Ala vegetarian, spooned over whole grain pasta with a Cesar salad. The second time around I turned up the heat by adding chunks of hot Italian sausage to the sauce and putting it on a slow simmer for a couple of hours before spooning it over pasta.  It was excellent both ways and got the thumbs up from the whole family!

Roasted Garden Veggie Sauce ( LIGHTLY CRUNCHY)
 ( Candy C. of Lazy J Bar C Farm )  won me over with her COWBOY COOKIE recipe and her post had me in stitches.  Thank you Candy C for your wonderful recipe!
 I'm off to bake a batch!  YUM!


Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

 DON'T BE SHY~ Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop or my blog. We want to get to know you better!  

Thanks to everyone for your amazing entries! 





4 comments:

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Candy's cowboy cookies are yummy and filling too. I am going to have to try Lightlycrunchy's roasted garden vegetable sauce. Like you, I am overrun by tomatoes some days. Thanks for another great week of Farmgirl Friday Deb!!!

Nancy said...

Thank you for hosting. :)

Jenny said...

Thank you for hosting! Have a lovely weekend. :)

Robyn said...

Fall work is well underway at the Ranch. Fall cattle shots are done and our corn is chopped.

The crisp mornings (45* today) are nice and yesterday's high was in the mid 70's! I am getting an itch to make chili.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...