Sunday, December 29, 2013

Across the Pond with Susan Branch...What are YOU reading right now?








Dear friends,



I hope this note finds you all feeling well rested and content. I've not blogged a single word since Christmas Eve with good reason! I've been carried away to the English Countryside with Author Susan Branch and her sweet husband Joe ( of Maratha's Vineyard)!  We had a joyous Christmas here at home with family and ever since I've been living in my jammies, baking cookies and curling up with my new book Susan Branch Falling in love with the English Countryside at every opportunity. I followed her blog off and on while she and Joe were traveling last spring/summer ( by way of the Queen Mary 11 ) too and from England but having the book in my hand while I was snuggled up in bed reading with a cup of hot tea on my bedside table was the only way to go as an armchair traveler in my book! See, I always by myself a new book for Christmas just for this purpose. It's my way of backing off the Internet highway just long enough to re FUEL and  re FRESH for the coming NEW year!


Last winter I devoured garden book after garden book but this year I felt like an adventure!  To say I've always wanted to go to England is an understatement... It's number 2 on my bucket list, right after I visit my number 1 dream destination, MaryJanesFarm, in Idaho!

Susan had me at the title, but her daily diary starts with how her romance with Joe began and they both shared the same fascination with the idea of traveling by ship to England. The two stories go hand in hand and make for a delightful ( informational and inspirational ) getaway, especially this time of year... I've already been across the pond and back and I'm ready to start from page one all over again! Besides, I'd rather be home reading than shopping clearance racks any ole day!

 You can check out Susan's blog here! 

My garden boots are off to those of you who are still setting 2013 on fire with your fantastic blog posts, projects, recipes and homesteading wisdom.

This farmgirl is take 'n  it easy. That's how fun things get cookin' around here! How do ya like my new jammies and " muck " boots? The "girls" love them cuz they can see me com a mile away! 


What are you reading right now?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...