Friday, September 4, 2015

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #206

 Happy Farmgirl Friday farmgirls!

The first week in September is always a whirlwind if you've got back to school or ( off to college) aged kids in the house isn't it? I always feel like I've just gotten into my summer groove and it's time to start back to school shopping already. With our youngest off to her freshmen year in a local college this year I'll have plenty of time for indoor painting projects and feathering the nest. Luckily it's not completely empty, yet but it's a comin'. Sniff, sniff.

I'm holding on to my baby AND  these last few weeks of summer because I'm still " in the flowers " as my family likes to say.  I'm even dreaming about them at night! 
Take it from this flower farmgirl,

The power of flowers is a strong and wonderful spell to be under.


This is one of my recent bridal bouquet mock-ups created with seasonal blooms from my little backyard flower farm. The combination of the soft pink of the Cafe Au Lait dahlia, deep royal purple dahlias with a mix of earthy greens and lacy dusty miller makes for an earthy, yet romantic feeling. The bride and groom are having an intimate backyard ceremony and celebration with local food, FLOWERS and music.
Tell us, are you seeing more local flowers at events and family celebrations these days? 

My farmgirl co-hostess Debbieand her sweet hubby Mike, are working in the garden and mid-way through a kitchen DIY project. Aren't they ambitious? I can't wait until it's finished. I hope she posts pics.. Hint, hint!!!

I bet your kitchens and gardens are bursting as you work hard to preserve this season harvest. 
Share it all right here with your farmgirl friends from far and wide.
 It's a three day weekend too, so have fun and be safe where ever you are.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...