Thursday, August 23, 2012

Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 71


Welcome back one and all to the Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 71! Your place to show and tell all about your farmgirl/boy talents and not feel the list bit like your braggin' at all! You are with friends who come here every week to learn and share the ups and downs of farming. It's not the size of your plot that counts, rather the creativity and farmgirl genius that matters most!
I can feel the change in the air which tells me September is right around the corner. I'm ready, are you? Already I'm thinking of small changes I would like to make inside and projects that got left in the dust when spring arrived and planting started. But I'm keeping those a secret for now!
Let's tale a peek in the garden shall we?  The Pumpkin on a Stick I planted in the greenhouse ( and later transplanted ) has done wonderful. Just look at those tiny miniature pumpkins! They are already starting to turn the tiniest bit of orange. They'll add a great splash of color to fall flower arrangements!

Ornamental Eggplant Pumpkin on a Stick
 The tomatoes are beginning to ripen on the vine too. Cherry tomatoes for salads and a sweet  pop em in your mouth snack, and brandy wine tomatoes just for slicing. YUM!
  It's like fourth of July in the Dahlia beds this week!


 The Dahlias continue to put on a an amazing show. Each week a new variety opens up...The colors just knock me out!





I've been playing around with different bouquet arrangements which I'll share in a future post! For now, it's time to link up to your favorite Friday Blog hop for your weekly dose of farmgirl soul-food!
Each week is such a treat!
Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop or my blog! We want to get to know you! 

Thanks to all who enter each week and everyone who visits these pages.


7 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love the pumpkin on a stick- I saw these seeds on line but wondered what they looked like!

Candy C. said...

WOW!! Your Dahlias are soooo beautiful!!
Thanks for hosting Deb! :)

Miranda Hupp said...

You have such a lovely blog! This is my first time linking up. I look forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Faith said...

Oh you lucky duck...pumpkin on a stick...mine...started from seed w/o the benefit of a greenhouse, arn't even close to producing fruit, and are not tall..hose water isn't the same as rainwater...and they just didn't do well..maybe???? I still have some time yet...all of September/October? they may get a little taller..I'm looking forward to seeing what yours look like...and I'll try again next year....

Brenda said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Too much heat this year for most of mine. The electricity bill was so high for two months running the pump to water and keeping the house cool that I quit watering everyday and they are just kinda hanging in there.

Julie ~ Keeper of My Home said...

I just happened along your blog and I am so glad I did! Wonderful! Such beautiful flowers and more!
Blessings,
Julie
www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Welcome Julie! Nice to * meet * you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...