Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Petal Pusher

Sunflower Drop Dead Red Seeds 
I know, I KNOW! All I talk about is FLOWERS. Are you bored to tears with my relentless petal pushing and non stop flower posts? If so, please accept my apologies for being so completely in love with my backyard bloomers! Did you hear that? The zinnia's are pushing through the sunflowers to the front of the line for today's flower show! ( show offs )


Cut and Come Again Zinnia

I love the Cut and Come again Zinnia!  Each blossom is unique! 

Some have golden halos of flowers in the center that look almost like a crown.



Notice how no one petal is the exact color as the next... Nature is the all time master artist!


If you ever wondered if certain colors go together, look at a flower up close for inspiration! Brighten up your wardrobe, home decor and your garden with color from the garden.



 This one reminds me of a frosted layer cake! 

 WAIT JUST A MINUTE Sunflowers... Where are your manners?









 Sunflowers leave me speechless...They're even pretty from behind! 

That's all for today folks... I'll be back with more blooms tomorrow! 

 You can run but you can't hide...


13 comments:

Junebug said...

Oh, I cracked myself up with the title of your post. When I saw the title I instantly thought," she's to young to remember petal pushers". Then I scrolled down and got to chuckles at myself!! Yep, let's not jump to conclusions so fast here for it was pedal pushers in the fifties. Not gorgeous peTals from your beautiful flowers. Yes, sunflowers are beautiful no mater what direction you look at them! Thank for the laugh at myself!!

Michelle said...

I love looking at your flowers. I planted sunflowers this year, but the deer eat everyone. They even eat all my neighbors roses. She has 14 roses bushes. So they had a great meal.

Unknown said...

Your zinnias are certainly flaunting all their glory aren't they? And those sunflowers, well, me too, speechless. Like radiant suns atop stalks.

Unknown said...

You are right Junebug. Petal Pushers were not ' hot 'during my youth, but I do remember my mom talking about them and we have tons of photos of her wearing them! Glad you had a chuckle!!!

Unknown said...

like radiant suns atop stalks...beautifully said...

Unknown said...

Darn deer!!!

Debbie said...

One of my sons grew sunflowers every year while he lived at home.

Greg and Donna said...

I had petal pushers! Maybe they would be called capri pants now! The flowers are beautiful! I love them all! And the pictures are fantastic!

Robyn said...

Deborah,
I bet you just love going out in the yard in the morning. What a beautiful way to start the day. Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Bored of your flowers? Never! I love seeing them all Deb. Thanks for sharing them. What is the name of that awesome sunflower with the burnt red center? I need to plant some of those next year. They're AMAZING.

colored jeans women said...

Every picture on your blog is like a chocolate sundae for my eyes.

Unknown said...

Awwww... thanks Colored Jeans Woman!

Unknown said...

Hello Heidi! I've included the links for you for the seeds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...