Friday, August 17, 2012

Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 70


Welcome to the Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 70!
WOW! Has it really been seventy weeks that we've been playing " farmgirl " show and tell?
It's just wonderful and I thank you all for your great entries each week and your blogging loyalty!
You're the best!

This weeks featured " farmgirl's " are of the kind of gals who have a special fondness for the days gone by when a woman wouldn't dream of starting a day of " skirt work"  with out her trusty apron tied around her waist at the ready for what ever came her way. Whether she was knee deep in be flour dust, or berry stains, the lady of the house was always prepared, even pretty! 

It must be time to GRAB YOUR APRONS at Heidi's place this week! She's hosting a show your colors apron party! 


Are you a modern day farmgirl who likes a little farm flair design on her apron attire?
 Check out Dolly's Rooster Apron!

 

I love everything about this apron. The green and white check is the perfect foil for those darling the  rick rack swirls and the handsome rooster so cleverly appliqued to the front.
Next up is Taso of the Y Not Homestead...blog.
Her charming ( not so demure ) apron is simply elegant with a splash of vintage bling! 

  

If you're a sentimental farmgirl you'll love the vintage aprons hanging on the line over at the Little Homestead on the Hill and the touching story that goes with them. 


 And last but not certainly least. Sister Brenda of Ladybug Dreams whipped up an delightful little  farmgirl style apron in her new craft room! I'd say her new space is filling her with plenty of inspiration for crafting aprons a plenty! I love the way she mixed different fabrics and the added details are the perfect touch!



Now it's time to flaunt your farmgirl style for the 70th time!

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop or my blog! We want to get to know you! 

Thanks to all who enter each week and everyone who visits these pages.


 PS. Join me for a walk among the flowers on the MJF Beach Farmgirl blog! 



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I have share a post about my first chicken butchering experience (#7)this past week. It wasn't easy, but a necessary rite of passage for us homesteaders. Thank you for the opportunity to share with your readers!

Country Gal said...

All such wonderful Aprons or as I call them Pinny's ! Have a great day !

Country Gal said...

Oh My mum always wore a piny when on our farm . I need some but cant find any patterns . I wonder if you could let me know where to get some so I can try my hand at making some . I must admit I am not that good at sewing , I have a machine that has barely been used and am looking for more projects for the winter months but like everything else practice almost makes perfect hehe ! Have a great day !

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Thanks for highlighting some of the ladies and their special aprons and apron stories for Farmgirl Friday. We blog amidst a crew of very talented farmgirls.

Lisa Lynn said...

Dear Deborah Jean,

Thank you so much for featuring my post about my Grandma's aprons :) I've been enjoying all of the posts on the apron hop! Such a talented group of ladies...so I'm very honored to be chosen as a featured post!

I enjoy your blog hop here every week, and all of the wonderful posts submitted.

Thanks for hosting such a fun part of my week :)
Lisa

Lynn said...

I adore the rooster apron, think it's really cute! Happy Weekend:@)

Candy C. said...

Such lovely aprons, I hadn't seen the one from Ladybug Dreams yet! :)
I really, really need to get my apron post ready...

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I love aprons and keep meaning to blog about them. I make egg aprons with little pockets across the front to hold all your eggs when you collect them..just haven't made any since last winter...

Robyn said...

Aprons are so much fun! I love wearing mine, when I remember to grab it. I have a bad habit of wiping my hands down the front my shirt. By the time I get done with a baking project I am a huge mess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...