Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Grandma's Room ~ Thrifty Makeover Sneak Peak!


Don't you just love it when you fall into a sweet bargain when you're not even looking for one? 
That's what happened to me when I was out thrifting last weekend.

I didn't even know I wanted to make over the room my mother in law stays in when she visits until I saw this charming quilt with 2 matching shams and pillow to match at one of my local haunts! It didn't help matters that the print is soft roses. I'm a sucker for cottage roses. They're too girly to use in our master bedroom ( says hubs) and our daughter leans towards more vintage modern designs so no roses for her either.  But, there are no rules for Grandmas room so I'll  ( we'll ) have my roses after all!  Each item is in perfect condition!
I snapped up 4 items for a total of $20.96

Full sized quilt 12.99 
2 standard sized pillow shams 2.99 each
Decorative pillow 1.99 

I'm so excited about my bargain basement treasures I just had to share a smidgen of it with you. But, I have to go now... I've got some painting to do! 



This antique oak dresser is crying out for some ASCP in Duck Egg Blue don't cha think? 

I'm off! 
 I'll be back with the final reveal in a few days! Stay tuned! 
Happy hunting to you if you're out there looking for treasure to feather your nest this fall!

6 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Can't wait to see the final reveal, it is always fun to freshen up rooms...

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh good prices!
I know the Grandma will love it. And who knows you may get to enjoy it yourself...just getting to see it and make the bed for your special Mother in Love-- the chest of drawers will be pretty painted up.
Can't wait to see it.
Pat

Sandra said...

Love good deals :)
Lovely!
I see a beautiful room in the making!

Unknown said...

Ohh this is going to be a good one!! Can't wait to see what you put together and so glad you got such a bargain! I really want to do another guest house,,,we ran a BnB when we lived in Hanna...our new property just outside of Medicine Hat has lots of space for something! Always thinkin!! Happy painting!

JES said...

Oh, I am excited for you! I LOVE a good deal at the local thrift! :)

A Daughter of the King said...

I love finds like that! This room is going to be so cozy, she might just move in. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...