Thursday, October 24, 2013

LIP- SMACKIN' Sweet Potato Cashew Bake and my Facebook Recipe a Day Party


 I love this time of year. It's when I pull out my trusty dusty kitchen friend my old Better Homes and Gardens Cook book to hunt for my favorite tried and true holiday recipes. It's become an annual tradition to include this honey of a sweet potato dish in our Thanksgiving menu. It's so deliciously sweet you may be able to convert your non-sweet potato fans with just one taste!

Lip-Smackin' Sweet Potato Cashew Bake
6 medium sweet potatoes ( 2 lbs)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup broken cashews ( we like the salted ones)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 8 3/4 oz can sliced peaches
3 tablespoons butter

Prepare and cook whole sweet potatoes until tender. ( about 40 minutes) Drain, peel and cut crosswise into thick pieces. Combine brown sugar, cashews, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drain peaches well. In a 10x6x2-inch baking dish layer half each of the sweet potatoes, peach slices, and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. Bake uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake about 10 minutes longer. Spoon brown sugar syrup over before serving. Serves 6- 8.
* marshmallow topping optional. Add them to the top during the last 10 minutes of baking just before serving.


Are you thinking about your Thanksgiving Dinner Menu yet?
YOUR INVITED to share in my RECIPE A DAY Facebook party!
Starting today up until Thanksgiving Day share your holiday family favorite recipes on my Facebook page! Bring on the homemade bread, savory soups, pumpkin, apple and pecan pies, turkey roasting tips, salad fixing's stuffing secrets and table scape ideas!
I'll feature one of YOUR RECIPES EVERY DAY before noon on my page!
Let's eat!
Deb

3 comments:

Country Gal said...

Interesting , never tryed those two flavors together ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

Jenn said...

This looks interesting... sort of like having vegetables for dessert! I may just have to try it :)

Michelle said...

On my list for Thanksgiving dinner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...