Thursday, April 14, 2011

Farmgirl AND Farm Friend Friday blog hop #3


 Welcome to the third Farmgirl /Farm Friend Friendzy blog hop hosted by Amy of Verde Farm and yours truly!



Springtime on the farm is a busy time of year whether you are a small back yard farmer, a rancher or homesteader staking out your plot of land and getting back to basics. Speaking of getting back to basics, have you ever tried making your own laundry soap? Kristin, of  Sweet Country Life entered a terrific tutorial as did Carrie of Farming on Faith.  I haven't tried it yet, but after reading  both recipes, I think it's definitely doable!!! A big THANK YOU to everyone who entered, followed and left a howdy on the way out! This is just a great blog hop all because of YOU!!!


 Sometimes a farm girl just needs to head out on the open road and see what she can see! We did just that a while back and look what we found! Here's a few shots of an old farm from the Farm Coast area in southern MA.


Seeing these old stone buildings really made us feel as though we had stepped back in time.


Almost as if we had gone to another country.


There was a bit of mist in the air which added to the mystery of this old place.


It was old, but not abandoned! The gal in the archway is leading a horse out for a young rider who is not pictured here but was waiting their arrival. 


Now it's your turn to link up for your weekly dose of farmgirl soul food! 

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/Farm Friend Friday blog hop:
1.) Show us your farmgirl flair! Include photos of your farm, crafts, art, animals, quilts, thrifty home and garden makins', recipes, farm stories, your backyard garden, hen house, studio or workshop. You get the idea! 
2). Enter the link to your entry post in the Mr. Linky space.
3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday/Farm Friend buttons ( or link back to our blogs ) in your post. 
4). I'll feature a farmgirl or two from the hop every Friday!
Thanks again for linking up and don't forget to leave a note on the barn door on your way out!







14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics.....beautiful farms!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

oh deborah jean, i love those pics! my family is from vermont and i love the stone work...the farm looks british or from bucks county PA...either way, such a gorgeous farm and i am very glad to know it is still inhabited. thank you for sharing!!! happy spring!

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. You don't see such old farm building around here. So glad you are hosting!

Jacqueline said...

gorgeous pics. those building have so much character. i'm sure they have some great old stories too!

Faith said...

This is very pretty and it looks like you may be in England, Ireland or Scotland. Beautiful stone work,imagine all done by hand, what a craftsman. I looks so peaceful.

Country Gal said...

I love old buildings, they look like they were in England or Scotland, I love the country/cottage villages over there. Wonderful post and photos. Have a grand day !

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the countryside in England! Great pics! I am new follower from Indiana. Stop by our farm for a visit soon! I love making new friends!

Unknown said...

I love every photo, wish there were more! I would have loved walking those grounds! The mist adds even more character! Perfect! Thanks for hosting another great hop!

Tilly's Nest said...

Love the photos! I wish I could explore in person. Thank you so much for the hop. It is so very fun!

Bonnie K said...

My goodness those are just perfect photos! You transported me to a perfect place. That stone work is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

TexWisGirl said...

Hi Deborah Jean! Nice to 'meet' you!

The stone barns above are amazing!!! I want one! Or two! How about a cottage to go with them! Or a studio! :) Will enjoy getting to know you better!

A Baker's Dozen Barnhouse News said...

What beautiful pictures:) I'm sorry I missed the farm girl friday, but I've certainly enjoyed the wonderful entries!

Blessings,

Sherry

A Baker's Dozen Barnhouse News said...

Hi,

My post did end up on your list of entries even though I didn't think it had gone through. I'm so sorry I didn't post correctly. It linked to my site rather than to a specific post. I received help today in figuring out how to post correctly in the future. Also, I was able to get the Farm Friend Friday button downloaded but not the Farmgirl button. Do you have any idea what I did wrong? Just wanted to let you know that is why your button isn't on my post.
By the way, I had a chance to look around yesterday and I LOVE your painted *headboards*. You are very talented:)

Blessings,

Sherry

Dreaming said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous farm. The buildings are so inviting. They obviously have a great story to tell... if only you could read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...