Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sewing LINKY Party! Calling all SEWING Goddesses


Do your friends call you the supreme sewing queen? Join the party!
The Sewing Party at Dandelion House!
Calling all Sewing Goddesses! 
Starting today and every Tuesday in the month of May we'll meet here each week and keep each other in stitches!

NO RULES
Share anything you've sewn with your own two hands in any category.
 Here are some examples to get your juices flowing!
Aprons, Clothes, Crafts, Curtains, Table Cloths, Runners,Tea Towels, Quilts, Home Decor Projects, DIY and more!

Plus there will be a surprise GIVEAWAY along the way!

Mother's day is days away ( May 11th)  and I just had to share this simple Made to Match apron pattern I picked up at Joanne's Fabric Store last week. It's a Kwik Sew Apron pattern for Misses, Girls, and dolls too. Spring is taking it's sweet time to warm up here in the northeast so I'm gonna do some a little inside " sewing" while I wait things to warm up outside.
I couldn't get enough of all the beautiful floral patterns available for quilting, crafting, and sewing. If my budget would have allowed I could have gotten really carried away, but, I was able to restrain myself and chose 12 different patterns for a total of 6 Misses sized aprons.
My mom is going to sew along with me. She's making three and I'm making three.
The larger pattern  in the following photos will make up the body of the apron and the smaller, contrasting print will make up the large hem on the bottom and the pocket.

 
I love this modern red, black and white colorway. It's modern, fresh and funky!


Have you noticed all the orange-y, coral-y, color in fashion and home decor lately? While I love all things faded, time worn and well loved, I am equally crazy about COLOR. This fabric makes me feel as if summer is already in full swing. I swear I could hear the bees buzzing around me when I pulled it off of the shelf at the store.


This one is just about as cheery and inspiring as it gets...It's covered in bold and encouraging sweet sayings that make you feel young and as if anything is possible! 
Who wouldn't want to be covered in that while you work? 


I can't wait to see your sewing projects!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...