Friday, July 26, 2013

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 118 and Blueberries


 Welcome back to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop! 
I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful week on your homesteads and backyard farmyards.
We've had a turn in weather here on the shorelines in MA. It's been cool, wet and dark for the last three days and it looks as if it will continue through the weekend. On the bright side, the weather is perfect for cooking. Move over cold cereal and yogurt!  I'm breaking out the grill for some old fashioned Blueberry Pancakes. National Blueberry Month is nearly over! If you aren't harvesting your own or visiting your local pick your own blueberry farm, you can buy them at the supermarket for a reasonable price and freeze some for your fall and winter cooking and baking. 

I planted three blueberry shrubs this spring so one day we can go pickin' in my backyard too!

 

 I got a chuckle when I read Daisy's post from last weeks hop! I don't think I've met anyone who didn't love blueberries until now, but I'm happy to report she has seen the light and went so far as to share her blueberry pancake recipe! She said,

" We were recently gifted with organic blueberries. While blueberries have never been my favorite fruit, after trying them in pancakes, I may be a convert. "



Blueberry Pancakes

1 1/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 T baking powder
1 1/4 t sucanat

1 C almond or rice milk
1 egg
1/2 T butter, melted
1/2-1 C blueberries

Combine dry ingredients and use a whisk to sift.
Add liquids to measuring cup and mix gently.
Add liquid to dry ingredients.
Fold in blueberries.
Cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes per side.
Enjoy!

I'm on my way over to Maple Hill Farm
for blueberry pancakes!

Time to link up for your weekly dose of farmgirl soulfood! 

Your Farmgirl Friday Hostesses~  

Heidi of My Simple Country Living 
and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog
Dolly of Hibiscus House and Dolly is Cooking and me of course!

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals,  quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the  Linky tools space to your  Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

4.) Enter up to three entries per hop! 
 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop! If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too! 

As always, thank you for your continued participation! New friends and followers are ALWAYS welcome!

 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop! If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too! 

As always, thank you for your continued participation and welcome new friends and followers! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! See you on the hop! 


Grab this button if you've been featured! 




14 comments:

daisy g said...

Wow! What an honor to be featured on the hop! Hope everyone enjoys some pancakes this weekend!
Cheers!

Unknown said...

My pleasure Daisy! I know we'll be having some! Happy Weekend! Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hop! We shared articles with our FB/Twitter readers at homesteadlady.com.

Unknown said...

Welcome! Thank you Tessa!
Deb

Candy C. said...

I love blueberries and like to throw some into peach pies! :)

Unknown said...

I love them too Candy! I'll eat them in just about anything! Have you tried blueberry Pomegranate juice? Wonderful!

Country Gal said...

Oh Papa and I love anything blueberry ! Thanks for sharing these look YUMMY ! Have a great weekend !

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh yummy! Please, all these incredible blueberry récipes I'm seeing in blog land! I have a cake from Linderhof and it's the thrid I baked this month...I better stop, caz I know it'll start to show! Thanks for the fun party. Have a great weekned.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Us too Elaine! enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Fabby! I hear ya... my waste is expanding just reading all of the wonderful recipes for blueberries too! Enjoy your weekend!
deb

magnoliasntea said...

Love this fun farm link-up. Thank you Ms. Deborah Jean. Hope your weekend is delightful.

Unknown said...

Happy to have you! Happy Weekend too!

Mary Smith said...

I love stopping by and checking out all of the neat links. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Aren't they great Mary Smith? I love our little hop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...