Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hydrangea Soup


So, you want the recipe for my Hydrangea Soup do ya? Okay! But first let me tell you what inspired this concoction... I hosted my first " open garden day" here at Dandelion House over the weekend and I needed to put something pretty inside our fire pit which sits in the middle of our scrap stone patio. I can't give you the whole story here cuz I'm doing a big post about it on the MJF Beach Blog in a couple of days and you're all invited, but, I will share how I made this floral arrangement with a little coastal flair. To me, there's nothing more satisfying than using something you already have to create a one of a kind item for your home, whether it be inside or out.


I used one of my favorite vintage soup tureens for a vase and filled it with Blushing Bride Hydrangeas freshly cut from the garden.


  I covered the surrounding area inside of the fire-pit with freshly cut arugula and topped it all off with bright white starfish. After a couple of days I tossed the arugula into the chicken run for the girls but the hydrangeas were still going strong so I moved them to a different spot to enjoy them some more!
 You could easily do something similar in a large bowl, platter or seashell for a similar arrangement!


Have you been playing in your flowers too?  I sure hope so!
Visit my Floral Arrangements pin board for more inspiration!

Sharing with these fun hops!

Tilly's Nest Down Home Hop 
Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday 



1 comment:

Country Gal said...

Very interesting ! I have never heard of this kind of soup ! No playing in the flowers for me this week it has been sickly hot and humid here ! Cooler temps to be here for the weekend then I will be out playing in my gardens once again lol ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...