Thursday, June 28, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 64

Vintage Apron Patterns
Welcome friends, old and new to the Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 64. By the looks of your entries last week I'd say summer is in full swing for everyone! It's hard to believe some of you are putting up jam and canning beans already! This weeks featured farmgirl Lisa, of Fresh Eggs Daily took a break from running her darling Etsy Store ( where she sells really cute farmy and vintage things ) and whipped up a NO COST utility cart makeover! She came up with more uses for it than you can shake a stick at and her blog styling was over the top for each idea! She really poured her farmgirl heart into her makeover and her post! If you didn't make it by last week be sure to go by and say hello! You'll love her idea's, her blog and her shop! 

Fresh Eggs Daily
I adore it as a chicken supplies cart but her creativity doesn't stop there!

As for this farmgirl, I have a confession to make. Just as I was writing this post I received an email from the rightful owner of the apron photo I made my Farmgirl Friday blog button out of. Yep, it's true... I'm a thief! Well, not entirely. Ya see, last March when I was poking around online looking for apron photos ( for the now infamous Farmgirl Friday blog hop button ) online I found said Apron photo, but with no link to it. So, I thought it was okay to use it. FREE RIGHT?  Not so much...
I can't tell you how embarrassed this farmgirl is over being caught " apron handed " by Lori Abraham of Vintage Apron Patterns.com. In her email she kindly requested that I include her link ( which I will do from now on ). Wasn't that sweet of her? I've been over to her website and you need to go see the rest of her amazing vintage Apron patterns, cooking aprons and more! It's right up your farmgirl alley I tell ya! And, in the future make sure you add those links to the amazing images you find out there floating in web-space so you don't get caught with your apron ties hanging on the wrong hook like I did!
Okay, now that Frank and Ernest hour is over and my cheeks are almost back to their normal menopausal rosy glow instead of fire engine red we can get on with the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop! 

  I'm going back to the garden where I can stay out of trouble!

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!


Have a great week everyone and thank you so much for all you share here every Friday! 

Farmgirl Blessings to all!




11 comments:

A Daughter of the King said...

I think this apron "theft" will end up being a big blessing for Lori's shop. What a compliment that you chose it as logo-worthy.

Zuzana said...

Happy Friday to you and hope the weekend will be too.;)
I think we all take images from the net and I too have assumed a few times it is ok, mostly if the same image appears on many different sites. I am sure people also take images from my blog, but I take it as a compliment as long as they do not use them for the wrong purpose.;)
With that said, she seems very kind and a great sport about it, instead of getting upset and rude.;))
xoxo

Unknown said...

Well, thank you Daughter of the King! I'm glad she contacted me so I could share her lovely apron patterns! She is very talented I so love our little farmgirl friday apron image!

Unknown said...

Hello dear Zuzana! Yes, we are all guilty of " borrowing " images now and then and I also think most of the time bloggers do their best to give credit to the person who took the image. I agree... it's a great compliment to the owner of the image! Lori was great about it! Thank goodness! Ive never had an ill word with anyone in my blogging experience and I hope that continues!!!Hope your hubby is home and you are all happily together again! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Lisa said...

OOPS! I'm so thankful you shared this, though. I don't often "lift" a photo to use on my blog, but have from time to time. Usually, I include a link but have from time to time not been able to locate an original source or link... Point taken, lesson learned! So nice that you were treated so graciously. :)

For Farmgirl Friday today I'm sharing a post on how we went from chicks to filling our freezer with pastured chicken in just 6 1/2 weeks. I've included warnings for when the "processing" photos begin, just to warn you. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be to process them ourselves; rather, we are thankful for the opportunity to show our kids how food gets from the farm to the table.

Thanks for hosting! ~Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Yep, lesson learned indeed! You are ONE BRAVE farmgirl! It's great that you are able to share this with your kids and I bet they will taste yummy too!

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

I shared my Make Your Own Fudge Pops recipe.

Unknown said...

Now, that's ambitious!!!

Anne Birdsong said...

I have a question for you, Deborah Jean...
I've been joining more and more blog hops. I love them! I've been finding so many other bloggers out there with similar interests, and I enjoy the added traffic I've seen on my own blog. I noticed a couple of them listed blogs they link with in their sidebar instead of at the tail end of their posts. For instance, Monday blog hops a, b, c, Tuesday blog hops d, e, f, etc. As a blog hop host, can you tell me what you think of this practice, "etiquette-wise"? It would make things easier for me, but I don't want to disrespect. Love to hear your thoughts!

Unknown said...

Hi Anne, Yes, I've seen this as well and for those ( like you ) who join multiple blog hops each week I agree, it is probably much easier. I do think readers are more likely to visit the host blog if a link is imbedded in the entered post.That being said, I say party away and just remember to include the hosts blog button in your sidebar or on a linky party/blog hop page and you are doing your part to spread the bloggie love! Thanks for asking!

Unknown said...

PS. You could even do a running series of blog posts featuring your favorite blog hops and linky parties telling why you enjoy each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...