Thursday, May 23, 2013

China Cabinet Reveal ~ Miss Duck Egg


 TA DA! Introducing Miss Duck Egg! I posted on my Facebook page earlier today that I'm feeling like quite the chalk paint rock star after giving a major up do to a large vintage china cabinet that's been hibernating in my basement for a few years.

 

Here she is with out her door on. I love the openness to the cabinet this way and I can imagine it filled with all sorts of purty things. Towels, linens, quilts, china books etc..

 But,  I have a thing for swirls of any kind and I love the grill inside the glass door  that goes on the front just as much!

 
What I love most about this vintage china cabinet are the small details like the fluting on the frame, the chunky feet and the wooden appliques on the top


and bottom. 

 Another thing I love about his piece are it's imperfections. It has little dings and knicks, and even a few pieces that have fallen or dropped off along the way... A well lived life has a way of doing that to a gal, but Miss Duck Egg has weathered it all in stride. Sure, her hardware's a little rusty and her skin might be cracked and scarred but she's still got some life left in her...Nothing a little AS Duck Egg Chalk Paint and a little clear SOFT WAX can't fix!

What do ya think? Is she ready to rock n roll again?


She's got her bling on and she's ready to go!

I'm taking her to Burlap and Bling for her debut this weekend.
 I hope someone asks her to kick up her heels one last time!





14 comments:

Country Gal said...

Oh she is purdy ! Great piece ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Deb said...

Oh Deborah, that is gorgeous. I even like it without the door on. Just a different look altogether. I love china cabinets, dish cupboards, step-back cupboards, anything to put dishes and special treasures inside. I know you will enjoy decorating this piece. Looking forward to seeing it full of special things. Deb

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

LOVE it! This was the kind of cabinet I've been looking for to do this same thing... in the same color no less :)

~Chris

PS Duck Egg is my favorite, but don't tell the other ones!

Bonnie K said...

I usually do not like to see wood painted, but it makes the details pop! I love it! You have a good eye. Congrats on a job well done.

Anonymous said...

What a great cabinet. It looks so wonderful. Fantastic job !!
Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the note Elaine! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Deb, I do too! I'm looking forward to getting her down to my booth later today and dressing her up!

Unknown said...

Normally, I like deeper brighter colors on my furniture ( at least in my own decorating at home ) but this piece called for something lighter and softer...Perfect guinea pig for Duck Egg! Now I'm hooked and have two other pieces in our home on standby for a Duck Egg re-do!

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie! So, you're one of those purists when it comes to the fork in the road as to paint or not paint wood! Love it! Well, sometimes paint is the obvious way to go as in the case of Miss Duck Egg... :) Glad you like her!

Unknown said...

Hi there Monique! Thank you! I had a great time working on this piece...
You have a good weekend too! It's almost Farmgirl Friday time!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love this cabinet!!!! What a great job you have done. I am hoping to try my had at this myself and seeing what you have done lends me some extra inspiration.

Farmlife Chick said...

Oh, wow!!! I love it!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Defintily give it a try.. You'll be so glad you did!

Unknown said...

Thanks Farmlife Chick! It was a fun piece to play with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...