|Crocus from my kitchen door garden|
It's bright, sunny and warm today. I hardly know what to do first! The Robins are calling me outside, the dryer is whirling with clothes that need folding, my floor needs mopping and my head is full of ideas for my backyard flower farm. What's a girl to do? Make a list or wing it? I think a list is in order!
Here's my April chores list for our backyard farmyard.
- Clean Hen House ~ add new shavings and clean the window so the girls can see out!
- Buy lumber for 16 4x6x8 inch raised beds and build! I've decided to go with treated lumber for the flower garden. Herbs and veggies will go in the ground or into Cedar raised beds.
- Order soil for raised beds
- Chip wood and tree trimmings
- Order mulch for established gardens
- Start seeds
- Order Dahlia's and other spring flowering bulbs
- Clean and organize shed
- Get proper garden shoes
- Dust off my garden hat
I'm ready to dive into Spring (head first) just like that bee! How about you?