Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crock Pot Stew


 I love to take things slow on the weekends if I can get away with it. And if I'm NOT moving slow,  that's all the more reason to break out the crock pot for some slooooow cookin'!


 I love my new red model! It reminds me of my old convertible! Small, red and easy to operate! It looks fast but cooks nice and slow! What can I say, this is how I party these days!  To break it in I decided to give it test run with my favorite Beef Stew recipe. It did not disappoint. It brewed up a hot and hearty batch of  Sloooow Beef Stew!



Try a batch of your own! 

SLOW AND SIMPLE SUNDAY STEW

2 table spoons vegetable oil

2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped onion
1 32oz organic beef stock
1 cup v-8 juice
2 large potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cup country style frozen vegetables

Directions: Add vegetable oil to a large on a medium heat setting. Season with salt and pepper and coat the beef in flour. Add meet and cook until browned.
Add all other ingredients to your crock pot while meet is browning and set it on the highest setting. 
Add meat, close the lid and walk away for at least 6 hours. This recipe serves 6-8 people.
Now you have the whole day to do what ever your heart desires. 
Put your feet up, read, blog, read, blog some more, eat chocolate, or go out to an afternoon movie!
When you get home you'll have a yummy Sunday Stew waiting for you! 

Serve with warm bread ( homemade if you are feeling ambitious ) salt and pepper to taste and enjoy! 
*This recipe doesn't have celery or stewed tomatoes included. I love the added flavor of tomato juice though and it gives the broth an inviting, warm color! That's the great thing about stew, you can add or delete items to suit your own taste!
I'm linking this recipe to Heidi's Simple Country Living homemaking blog hop  !



5 comments:

Candy C. said...

I just love your red slow cooker! It is nice to throw things together and let them cook all day while other tasks are being taken care of! :)

Cindeelou said...

Well...I absolutely hate my crockpot. I don't want to, but I just do. Everything tastes the same, is boring, or has cream of something soup in it. This recipe and the pics have inspired me to once again give it a try. Thanks. Cindy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy! I love red in the kitchen,... It just makes cooking more fun and appetizing!

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I know what you mean about things tasting the same. I have a wonderful pulled pork recipe I'll share soon too.. another family favorite and very satisfying any time of year...Keep us posted on how your stew comes out!!!

Kanelstrand said...

Ah, this stew looks delicious! I will try the recipe first thing this weekend! I love slow cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...